Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Anniversary gift: Iban Dream

We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Friday last week. My hubby took a day off so that we could go out and have some fun with the kids. We had pretty low key celebration; lunch at Sakei Sushi (our favorite food, of course) and my husband bought me a new novel and a reading lamp. Pretty simple gifts and no fluff but I love it nonetheless. I have been catching on my readings for the past few weeks, starting with The Hunger Games series and later Gayle Forman's books (I write more about this is another post). So I've completed 6 books in like 6 weeks and now I am reading the Fault In Our Stars. I'm halfway through it. The next in my list will be the gift book, Iban Dream by Gorda Mowe. Now, I'm very excited about this book. It's a fantasy and folklore book. Read the title. Iban is my race and the writer is a local Sarawakian who is also an Iban. I have been waiting for someone to write an English novel about my people, for years. I wish I have the courage to pursue my writing dream and maybe I could write a novel like that. But heck, I guess I have to be content with writing here in this blog with my bad English. Here's the book:


It's available in Kindle if you want to give it a try:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...